Matthew ShenodaSomewhere Else, with an Introduction by Sonia Sanchez (Coffee House Press, 2005), was named one of 2005's debut books of the year by Poets & Writers magazine and was the winner of the 2007 Hala Maksoud Award for Emerging Voice, as well as a 2006 American Book Award. His latest collection, Seasons of Lotus, Seasons of Bone, was published in 2009 by BOA Editions. He has taught extensively in the fields of ethnic studies and creative writing and is currently Assistant Provost for Equity & Diversity and a faculty member in the School of Critical Studies at California Institute of the Arts. He lives in Los Angeles.
ED: Updated June 2011.
First posted on December 27, 2005 5:35 AM
- Matthew Shenoda Full Reading at City Lights
- Remember Me (live, City Lights)
- Apparition (live, City Lights)
- Miracle Song (live, City Lights)
- Veranda Views (live, City Lights)
- Night Song (live, City Lights)
- Silence Speaks (live, City Lights)
- A Prayer for My People
- The Calendar We Live
- For Charles Mingus & That Ever-Living “Love Chant”
- Matthew Shenoda Q&A with advice to young writers
- Matthew Shenoda Q&A on form
- Matthew Shenoda